Our family really enjoyed Misty’s recipe for pepper steak www.MealsbyMisty.blogspot.com I love to cook but, I don’t always have time to prepare meals during the week for my family. This recipe is perfect to make during the weekend and serve up fast during the week.
Perfectly Peppered Steak
Note: measurements are approximate and you should adjust to taste
1- 1-1/2lbs beef steak, cut into strips
2-3 bell peppers, any color, cut thinly into strips
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
2-3 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Salt and pepper
1-15 oz tomatoes any style (e.g. crushed, whole, diced)
A splash of your favorite steak sauce
A splash of your favorite Worcestershire sauce
A big splash of soy sauce
1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2-3 tablespoons Cornstarch
Hot cooked rice or noodles
1. Slice uncooked steak into slices across the grain. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
2. In a Dutch oven heat oil and brown meat. Remove meat wth a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
3. Toss in sliced red onion and bell peppers. Add garlic and beef broth, steak sacue, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, ginger and tomatoes.
4. In a small dish, Use 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with beef broth. Stir until dissolved. Add to simmering pot, to thicken the sauce. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
5. Return meat to pot and simmer
If you need to kick-up the spice Misty recommends that you add a few dashes of hot sauce.
Serve over hot rice or noodles.