If you think that brownies can only be chocolate……Then you are missing out something unique. If you are willing to take a leap………
Lemon Brownies! Dense with a rocking clean citrus flavor.
Makes 8×8 Pan
Recipe from Roz la bella vita- Via Pinterest
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Tart Lemon Glaze
1 rounded cup confectioners sugar
4 tablespoon lemon juice
8 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease spray 8×8 baking dish with baking spray and set aside
2. Zest and juice two lemons; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and the softened butter until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
5. Pour into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown around the edges, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
6. Sift the powdered sugar, add lemon zest and juice, and whisk together the ingredients. Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula. Let the glaze set. Spread the remaining glaze over the bars, and let it sit.
7. Cut into bars and enjoy!